Committee Chair Laura Jones
Co-Chair Deb Joyner
Let’s start the New Year with a bang!! Sign up for the RCQG UFO Challenge. Go to the RCQG website, download the "UFO Inventory Register" and list 10 unfinished quilting projects you want to complete for 2013. Bring your list and entry fee to the next guild meeting, or mail it as directed below. Motivation is the Key and 2013 is the year to GET IT DONE!
WHAT UFOs QUALIFY?
Any quilt project that you have actually started (meaning, at least cutting into some fabric) but which remained unfinished as of January 31, 2013 (this year). Any quilt kit that you have purchased will qualify as a UFO for this Challenge (everyone has several of those).
Sorry, an untouched stack of purchased fabric is not a qualifying UFO! “Studies,” “experiments,” samples for practicing a technique are not UFOs either, if you never intended them to be completed items.
ENTRY FEE: $5.00
ENTRY DEADLINE: February 28, 2013
HOW TO ENTER
- Select 10 UFO projects that you would like to complete during 2013 and list them and their information on the "UFO Inventory Register"
- Turn in your “UFO Inventory Register" and "Entry Fee" at the January or February General Meeting
- Mail to: (Deadline: March 31, 2012)
- RCQG, P.O. Box 15816, Sacramento, CA 95852, OR
- Laura L. Jones, 10264 Los Palos Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
- February 29, 2013: Submit your “UFO Inventory Register", keeping a copy for yourself, and pay the fee.
- March 2013 through November 2013: All RCQG General Meetings
- Show and Tell in process and completed UFOs as you get them done!
- Update your UFO Inventory Register
- Bring or email me your written account of funny or inspirational UFO stories
AM I COMMITTING TO COMPLETE ALL MY UFOs BY NEXT NOVEMBER?
- December 2013 RCQG Christmas Party
- Prize drawing – Each participant will receive one entry for every completed UFO (up to ten) presented during show and tell at the 2013 RCQG General Meetings.
NO, but this challenge is to help us all commit to giving it our best shot! And we have ten months to work on it. Let's inspire each other.
YOU DON’T HAVE TO WORK ALONE
You can have any kind of help from anyone, including some of UFO-less members.
WHAT ARE POSSIBLE PRIZE CATEGORIES?
- Monthly prize drawing for completed UFO's presented during show and tell.
- One entry per quilter for each completed UFO and/or show and tell UFO.
- Yearly Prize drawing - December 2013 RCQG Christmas Party
- One entry per quilter for each completed UFO presented for show and tell March 2013 thru November 2013.